Thursday, June 30, 2011

Self Portrait!

The shop is closing for the weekend early tomorrow and I've been dying to try out a portrait for ages, pretty much as soon as I started in the shop, so I decided to take my supplies home and give it a shot.  Had a lot of fun doing this one, its a self portrait on pig skin and took just over 1.5 hrs.  Its my first attempt at a portrait so might look really bad to someone that is used to doing them, but for me, im delighted! 
I was at the Midleton tattoo convention last weekend and picked up my own bottle of One ink, I used this along with Kuro Sumi black outlining ink and also three different shades of Kokkai Sumi greywash inks.  I used my Micky Bee with a 5 liner, my Glyn Flew with an 8 round shader and also a custom shader that Alan gave me with a 7 mag.  I pretty much used the round shader for all the shading and only used the mag for softening out some areas.  The pig skin took the ink well, but theres absolutely no judging the different shades of ink without watering them down yourself, overall good bit of practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment